Thomas Compernolle is the Managing Partner/Owner and Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) of Independence Financial Services. With over 30 years of experience in financial services, he sees individuals, families, and business pursue financial independence. One of the many ways he does this is by creating a personalized budget, implementing investment strategies, and developing customized financial plans. His experience in risk management, portfolio construction, and understanding of the financial landscape may benefit those who need to plan today for a better tomorrow.
Specifically, Thomas M. Compernolle, ChFC, can help you:
- Establish personal and financial goals and help focus you to pursue them
- Evaluate your financial well-being with a thorough analysis of your assets, strategies, liabilities, income taxes, investments and insurance
- Identify areas of concern and help you address them by developing and implementing a financial plan that emphasizes your strengths and while reducing your financial weaknesses
- Review your plan periodically to accommodate your changing personal circumstances and life goals
- Create a legacy for your children and grandchildren which is focused on maximizing your wealth transfer while minimizing the tax burden
Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) is the "Advanced Financial Planning" designation awarded by The American College of Financial Services. Charter holders use the designation ChFC on their resumes and are qualified to provide comprehensive advanced financial planning for individuals, professionals, and small business owners. The authority to use the ChFC mark is granted by the Certification Committee of the Board of Trustees of The American College and is contingent on adherence to a set of ethical guidelines. According to the American College, "[a]ll ChFC advisors are required to do the same for clients that they would do for themselves in similar circumstances, the standard of ethical behavior most beneficial for their clients." Since 1982, approximately 40,000 people have earned the ChFC through regionally accredited program courses and exams.